Octopus 2020 Vermentino South Australia
This variant is currently sold out
Seaspray, lemon zest and green apple. Creamy textural and super fresh.
The grapes were sourced from the organic Bassham Vineyard in the Riverland. Val and Bruce Bassham have cultivated this beautiful vineyard since its purchase in 2000 and it is surrounded by 75 acres of natural flora and fauna. No weedicide, pesticides, herbicides, chemicals and artificial fertiliser are ever applied on the vineyard and only certified organic compost is applied.
The grapes were machine harvested in the early morning and after pressing and settling, 60% of the juice was fermented in stainless steel to retain freshness and delicacy. The remaining 40% was transferred to old oak barriques and naturally fermented without the addition of yeast with some lees stirring of certain barrels for extra creaminess and mid palate weight. The wines were matured for six months in tank and old oak barriques before blending and bottling.
Alcohol: 12.0% alc/vol
Susuro: A whisper until it turns into a roar...
Handmade with muscles and love. Fermented in eleven seperate barrels, tanks and tubs.
Calamari or fish and chips
Dan Murphy's Decoded Award Finalist
Finalist in the "Lighter White - Under $20" category.
If you’re looking for a Lighter White under $20 there’s one word that should be front of mind: uncomplicated. This is the category for bright, fresh, lively, easy-drinking wines that are great for warmer weather and a variety of foods. This year’s bumper selection of sensational wines gave our judges a hard task of picking the top spot. But a tough day for our judges means a great selection for you, with a whole category of finalists worth exploring.
Download Tasting Note